So, I’m about to fail at this, but since I’m relatively new to blogging and I still wanted to pass this on I’m about to nominate one blogger. I realize that I am supposed to nominate 11 bloggers, but I don’t exactly know that many bloggers. Thank you to inside the mind of a bibliophile for the nomination. If you are reading this, are a blogger and want to answer my 11 questions/ be nominated for this award considered yourself nominated.
1. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
My favorite thing about blogging is that I get to practice writing and share my opinions on books at the same time.
2.If you could only read one book for the rest of your life which one would it be and why?
My favorite author and idol is Alyxandra Harvey, so a book by her would be the obvious choice, but I think that if I could only read one book for the rest of my life I would choose Afterglow by Karsten Knight because while I love paranormal fantasy, I also love ancient mythology and this trilogy (Afterglow is the last book in the trilogy) was the first series with ancient mythology that I actually liked.
3. What’s your favorite snack to eat while reading?
I may read while I’m supposed to be eating, but I never eat while reading.
4. If you could be one fictional character for a day, who would you choose?
Isabeau St. Croix from the Drake Chronicles by Alyxandra Harvey because she is easily one of my favorite literary characters of all time.
5. What is your least favorite genre and why?
I can’t decide between Contemporary, Romance, Science Fiction and Dystopian. I don’t really like contemporary mostly because I crave action or mystery and I normally find contemporary books boring. I enjoy romance in books,but the book can’t be all about romance and dystopian and science fiction are just not my thing.
6. What is your favorite contemporary novel?
If I Stay by Gayle Forman because it is one of the few books that was able to make me cry.
7. Who is your favorite book blogger? (Tag them)
I don’t really have a favorite book blogger yet.
8. Has a book ever changed your life or your perspective on certain things? If so, which book?
I don’t think that a book has ever changed my perspective on anything since I am a naturally opinionated person.
9. How many books have you read this year and how close are you to your yearly reading challenge goal?
I honestly have no idea how many books I’ve read this year and I don’t really set reading goals.
10. What is your favorite book that you’ve read in 2015 so far?
Definitely Afterglow by Karsten Knight.
11. What is the worst book you’ve ever read?
Anything by John Green.
11 Facts About Me:
1. When I’m older I want to have a career in chemistry, but I also want to write books on the side.
2. When I was in grade 4 I started staying up until midnight reading, turning off the light and hiding the book under the covers whenever I heard footsteps, so that my parents didn’t know that I was still awake.
3.I am one of those half vegetarians who doesn’t eat meat from pigs and cows, but still eats chicken, turkey and seafood.
4. I have trouble making friends and i’m really socially awkward.
5. I blame the entire french language for my experiences at a french immersion elementary school.
6. In grade 9, I wrote the prologue of a book that I wanted to write during lunch everyday for a month and then scrapped it.
7.I am a germaphobe
8. After reading the Suddenly Supernatural series when I was younger, I wanted to be a medium, but sadly I still haven’t seen any ghosts.
9. My favorite music genre is Celtic Punk and my favorite band is Flogging Molly
10. My eyes change colours. They can be green or blue, normally dependent on my mood.
11.I really want to visit London, England, Greece, South Africa and Ireland.
My official nominee is :
Like I said above if you are reading this, are a blogger and want to answer my 11 questions/ be nominated for this award considered yourself nominated.
The 11 questions for you to answer:
1.What is your favorite genre?
2.When did you discover a love of reading?
3.Who is your favorite author?
4.If you could meet any literary character, who would it be and from what book?
5.What inspired you to start blogging?
6.Do you prefer to have your books looking pristine and new or marked up and “loved”?
7.What are your top 5 series and/or stand-alone books?
8.What is the worst book that you have ever read?
9.Do you ever want to write your own book?
10.If you could go back in time and stop any author from writing any book, which book would you choose and why?
11.Would you rather only be able to read the first and last sentences of every book for the rest of your life or only be able to read your least favorite book for the rest of your life?