Apologizes for not blogging lately. My mental state wasn’t the greatest for the first two weeks of February, and then I had to catch up with school. Thank you to Lynn from Castle on the Sea for tagging me! You should really go check out her blog.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions set by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and then write 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger award logo in a post/on your site
1. Describe yourself like a character in a YA book.
Here is a picture I took of myself on Sunday, so you can judge my accuracy (I am in the midst of struggling to fit my incredibly long hair in the shot when this was being taken). If you can’t tell, I have red hair and green eyes, so I could technically steal the description of a ton of YA characters, but that would take all the fun of making this embarrassingly cheesy, so here goes nothing (I am cringing already, and I haven’t even started writing yet, prepare for overly flowery metaphors in 3…2…1)
She sat with her back against the locker, white earphones protruding from her ears, looking as if she wished to disappear. Her lips moved ever so slightly, singing along under her breath as if in prayer. She would have gone unnoticed, had it not been for her long red hair, flowing down her back in shimmering waves. Her small body was hugged into itself, seeking comfort in a position that could not possibly be comfortable. Her piercing green eyes were staring straight ahead, seeing everything and nothing at once.
If I go any further, I may throw up (their eyes are always piercing). I hope it made you laugh, or that you at least held the bile in.
2. What is a body modification from a book you have read that you would like to have?
I haven’t read many books with body modifications, but I think I would leave my body as is. I know what hurts my shoulders, I know exactly how my body moves, and I wouldn’t change that.
3. If you were a character in a book, what would be your role?
I would be the side character, but maybe in thinking that, it means I’d be the main character because I don’t think I’m special, but secretly am (I’m still waiting on my secret powers that no one else posses, though)
4. What is one bad bookish habit that you have?
I don’t count this as bad, but I will dog-ear pages on occasion. As a germaphobe, a bent page is better than sticking some random piece of garbage in my book.
5. You can have any 3 items in the world, what do you choose?
Nothing I don’t already have.
6. What do you think about fan art/fiction?
I tried reading fan fiction once and got 2 pages in before I gave up because the person was not “accurately” portraying the characters. With fan art, despite having no artistic abilities whatsoever, I judge it fairly harshly. I also find that it never depicts the characters how I imagined them.
7. What movie/TV show always cheers you up?
The Peanuts Movie. Watching it fills me with so much nostalgia from watching the Charlie Brown Christmas and Halloween specials when I was younger.
8. What’s your ideal meal?
I have no idea.
9. Musicals! What do you think about them?
I worship Hamilton. Other than that, I don’t really listen to them.
10. You can change the ending to any book/movie. Which book and what do you change?
I don’t think I’ve ever been bothered by the ending of something, so I don’t have an answer.
11. What does your ideal library look like and have?
I’m going to take this as personal rather than public library. I would love to have a large widow on one wall,with a window seat underneath it, with the rest of the room being covered in bookshelves. I would also have one of those ladders on wheels (like in Beauty and the Beast). Simple, comfortable, and surrounded by books.
I have anxiety about social situations and unfortunately tagging is included in this, so I won’t be tagging anyone, but I do have a question for you to answer in the comments. If you could have dinner with any three people (living or dead) who existed at one point or another (Jesus counts, gods do not), who would you chose and why? Mine would be Nelson Mandela, Queen Elizabeth the First, and Renee Ahdieh.